Posted on Tuesday, December 20, 2016
Written and Compiled by Jerry Tapp
Here are some of the numbers that helped define the Packers 30-27 win over the Chicago Bears on December 18.
- Game time temperature was 9 degrees. The Packers are now 7-8 in games when the temperature is below 10 degrees, 3-5 on the road and 4-3 at home. Of the 13 NFL games that were played below 10 degrees since 2000, the Packers have played in seven of them.
- Green Bay has now won seven of their last eight games when they score first on the road. They are 43-19 when they score first on the road since 2000.
- The Packers held the Bears scoreless in the first quarter. The Pack is 39-7 since 2010 when they hold their opponents scoreless in the first quarter.
- Green Bay allowed four sacks in the game, which normally is not a good sign for the team. They had lost six straight when the QB is sacked four or more times. The team is now 10-18 since 2010 when they allow four or more sacks in a contest.
- The game was tied at halftime, 10-10. Until yesterday’s game, the Packers had lost seven straight when the game was tied at half.
- Ty Montgomery had 16 carries for 162 yards. It was the most rushing yards in a game by a Packer since Samkon Gado had 172 yards in a game in 2005. Montgomery averaged 10.1 yards per carry; he was the first Packers runner to average over 10 yards per carry in a game where he rushed for over 150 yards since Ahman Green averaged 10.9 in a game in 2004.
- The Packers defense had four takeaways and is now 33-4 since 2010 when they get four or more takeaways in a game.
- Montgomery had two rushing TDs to go along with his 162 yards rushing. He is the first Packers’ back to have 150 or more rushing yards and two rushing scores since Green in 2004. He became only the third Packers player to get two TD runs and 150 or more yards in a game… the others are Jim Taylor and Green.
- Ha Ha Clinton-Dix had two interceptions for the second time in his career and the second time this season. He had a pair of picks on November 6 versus the Colts.
- The Packers had three rushing TDs and have now won 11 of their last 12 when they get three or more rushing TDs in a game.
- Green Bay scored 17 points in the third quarter. They are now 6-1 since 2000 when they score 17 or more points in the third quarter. Since 2000, Green Bay is 6-0 when they score 17 or more points in the first quarter; 19-2 when they score 17 points or more in the second quarter; and 11-2 when they score 17 or more points in the fourth quarter.
- Green Bay had a 17-point lead going into the fourth quarter. The Bears did tie the score, but the Packers won with time running out on a Mason Crosby field goal. The team has now won 40 straight when they have a lead of 17 points or more going into the final period (their last loss was in 2003 to Kansas City). Since 1970, Green Bay is 95-2 in games when they have a 17-point lead or more going into the fourth quarter.
- The Bears scored 17 points in the fourth quarter to tie the game. That’s usually not a good sign for the Packers. Since 1970, Green Bay is now 4-18 when their opponents tally 17 or more points in the fourth quarter.
- The Pack had 226 yards rushing. They have now won 12 consecutive games when they get 200 or more rushing yards in a game and are 42-3-2 since 1970 when they top the 200-yards rushing mark in a contest.
- This was only the 11th regular season start in Aaron Rodgers career where he did not throw a TD pass. The team is now 4-7 in those games.
- With three rushing TDs and no TD passes in the game, Green Bay is now 9-0 since 1970 when they get three or more rushing TDs and no TD passes in a contest.
- Mason Crosby was 3-for-3 in field goals in the win. It was the 36th regular season game where Crosby had three or more made FGs. Green Bay is 29-7 in those games.
- Jordy Nelson had the big catch at the end of the game and finished with seven receptions for 124 yards. Green Bay is now 21-3 in games when Jordy gains over 100 yards receiving.
- The Pack had 226 yards rushing on 23 attempts, 9.8 yards per carry. That 9.8 mark set a team record. The previous high was 9.2 in a game in 2010 when they had 157 yards on 17 carries.
- Green Bay has now won 16 of their last 17 games when they score 30 or more points. They are 39-5 in away games since 2000 when they score 30 or more points.